Pilot Beer Night: Belgian Style - Try new, rare, & experimental Sebago beers!
We have instituted a pilot brewing system at the brewery to test new beers. Some of our favorite beers that are brewed on the pilot system may be released as Single Batch Series beers. These beers have been paired with some small plates - menu below!
It's a trappist!
Tonight (Tuesday October 2) we are holding Pilot Night: Belgians at our Scarborough brewpub. The following beers will be available that have been brewed on the pilot system over the last few months:
- Patersbier (Kevin Robichaud) - A Belgian table beer for Monks, fathers beer. Trappist Ale yeast gives off spicy clove notes in this mild and refreshing beer. Light straw in color. Bready and light with a honey sweetness balanced with a mild hop character. 5.3 % Alc. by Vol.
- Dirty Deeds Dubbel (Rusty Packer) - Dirty Deeds is Light Copper in color and is brewed with European Pilsner malt, British crystal malt (Caramel) and unrefined Dark Muscovado sugar. This malty beer has notes of molasses, rum and raisin balanced with Noble hops to showcase the unique flavors of muscovado.. 7.2 % Alc. by Vol.
- Straight Trippin' Tripel (Scott Nebel) - This Tripel was brewed with Franco Belges Pilsner malt, German wheat malt and Belgian candi Sugar. It is lightly hopped with Czech Saaz. 9.2% Alc. by Vol.
- The Fatha (Marty McMorrow) - Belgian Quad = Quadruple Strength is a high-gravity dark strong ale. It has notes of currant, raisin, rum & cherry. Brewed with Franco Belges Pilsner malt and Breiss Extra Special malt. This is an extremely malty beer with light hop character. 9.6 % Alc. by Vol.
Each beer will be $3 for a 12oz pour. Get there early - supplies are limited! We welcome your feedback on these beers.
We are offering the following small plates paired with the pilot brews:
- Patersbier - Truffle-parmesan fries- $4
- Dirty Deeds Dubbel - Beef slider with Gorgonzola, Dubbel-caramelized onions, and bacon. Brewer-made fresh pickle.- $4
- Straight Trippin’ Tripel - Blackened crab cake. Remoulade sauce. Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and fontina - $5
- The Fatha (Quad) - Bourbon-molasses brisket. Bacon-wrapped dates. - $5