Our Front of House crew is the face of Sebago Brewing Company’s brewpubs and we take pride in our awesome, knowledgable and friendly staff. As a host at our brewpubs we rely on you to help ensure that every customer has an awesome experience, which is why we work hard to make Sebago a great place to work. If you are interested in joining the Sebago Brewing Company crew, please read the job description below and complete the application form here.
Host Job Description
Reports to: Service Manager
Typical work week:
15-20 hours per week.
Position Summary: As the first and last person to be seen by guests in the restaurant, it is the primary responsibility to the host to provide a warm greeting to each guest, as well as maintain an organized flow of service for the wait staff.
Major Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete and pass the Sebago Brewing Company menu tests upon completion of training.
- Greet each guest warmly and promptly.
- Field phone calls to the restaurant.
- Take to-go orders accurately.
- Ensure the entry ways, host stand, and restrooms are neat and clean, and alerting management when attention is needed.
- Complete cleaning duties as assigned.
- Carefully organize and monitor the guest wait-list, and communicate to staff accordingly.
- Alerting servers and bartenders of guest needs.
- Arrive to work dressed appropriately in accordance to the Sebago Brewing Company Dress code.
- Alert management to any guest complaints or compliments.
- Keep staff informed as cuts are made, and redirecting seating plans accordingly.
- Essential Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to see and speak.
- Ability to stand for eight hours.
- Ability to speak effectively to the public.
- Ability to move quickly throughout the restaurant.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop and scrub.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to multi-task in high stress environment
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Must have means of transportation to get to and from work on time.
- Ability to read and interpret documentation such as menus, tests, and safety manuals.