We pride ourselves in providing an awesome experience for our guests, whether that is thanks to craft beer, upscale pub food or both. Our kitchen staff is knowledgable and hardworking and as a thank you we work to make the Sebago kitchen a great place to work. If you are interested in helping us to provide a great experience for our guests and joining the Sebago kitchen crew, please read the Job Description below and fill out the application here.
Job Description –
Department: Back of the house.
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Typical work week:
Full time: 35-40 hours/week. Days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Part time: 10-34 hours/week. Days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Position Summary: To accurately prepare food items to order in a safe, timely, and efficient manner that meets the Sebago Brewing Company standard for excellent food and service.
Major Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Pass the Sebago Brewing Company menu test and all station tests upon completion of training.
- Prepare all food served following Sebago Brewing Company recipes, as well as special diet orders accurately and timely.
- Ensure all food is handled and stored in accordance to food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Use all equipment and products responsibly to minimize loss and waste.
- Accurately prep and apportion all required food items as decided by management.
- Arrive to work dressed in accordance to the Sebago Brewing Company dress code.
- Communicate, support, and cooperate with co-workers to ensure a smooth and efficient shift.
- Maintain a positive attitude, and work well in a team environment.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to see and communicate clearly.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to handle and operate knives and equipment.
- Ability to smell and taste.
- Ability to reach, bend, lift, stoop and scrub.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls, strains, and burns.
Special skills or knowledge necessary for this position
- Prior experience in the food service industry is preferred.
- Knife skills preferred
- Food safety certification, including ServSafe is preferred.