Servers and bartenders are the face of Sebago Brewing Company’s brewpubs and we take pride in our awesome, knowledgable and friendly staff. As a server at our brewpubs we rely on you to give every customer an awesome experience, which is why we work hard to make Sebago a great place to work. If you are interested in joining the Sebago Brewing Company crew, please read the job description below and complete the application form here.
Department: Front of the House
Reports to: Front of the house manager
Typical work week:
Full time (35+) hours- days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Part time (10-30) hours- days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Position Summary: To serve quality food and beverages in a knowledgeable and responsible manner while providing a positive dining experience to guests at Sebago Brewing Company.
Major Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to complete and pass server menu tests upon completion of training.
- To serve a full section of tables in an organized and timely manner.
- To ring in beverage and food orders using the point-of-sale computer system.
- Complete knowledge of Sebago Brewing Company’s alcohol awareness policies and procedures, including proper identification checking.
- Full knowledge of Sebago Brewing Company’s food and beverage preparation. Be able to answer questions regarding ingredients and allergy information, and to ask for management assistance when necessary.
- To maintain assigned side-work and ensure total cleanliness and organization of the restaurant.
- Report to work in a neat and clean manner that aligns with the Sebago Brewing Company dress code.
- Proper cash handling, including making change.
- To maintain a positive attitude towards guests and co-workers.
- To smile, and follow the 18 steps of service as taught in training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Ability to see, to speak, and hear.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs
- Ability to smell and taste
- Ability to stand for eight hours
- Ability to reach, bend, lift, stoop, and scrub.
- Must be of legal age according to the State regulations to serve alcohol.
- Knowledge and Skills
Special skills or knowledge necessary for this position
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers, and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.